Over the holidays, take some time to catch up on what indie publishers are reading about on our 1106 Design blog. Here are our top 10 most-read blog posts of 2017:
- How to Typeset a Book attracts readers curious to know exactly what page layout entails. It’s the most-read blog post of 2017.
- Indie Publishing versus Self-publishing: The Rise of the Indie Author comes in number two. Authors continue to seek understanding about the best way to self-publish, one that gives them control over the process and a professionally designed book.
- Setting up one’s book on Amazon continues to be a challenge. Hence the popularity of this blog post, How to Set Up Your Amazon Book Page and Author Pages.
- What Paper Should I Choose? comes in #4. With a dizzying array of choices, this blog post helps indie publishers make sense of the papers available.
- Michele is often asked for her advice to authors who want to self-publish a book. We encapsulated her valuable advice in the blog post 5 Things Every Author Needs to Hear Before Self-publishing a Book.
- Keeping 100% of your royalties is 100% possible when you manage your own print-on-demand. Join many other authors in learning how with our popular blog post Managing Your Own Print-on-demand.
- Interested in selling your books from your website? Find out how with 3 Ways to Sell Books from Your Author Website.
- If you’re thinking of writing a children’s book and want to know what’s involved in publishing one, Want to Publish a Beautiful Children’s Book? Here’s How is for you.
- Authors in search of the cheapest way to get a book cover designed found some great information on this blog post about the hidden and intangible costs of a poorly designed book cover. The Real Cost of Book Cover Design.
- What are three must-have items for authors? Hint: it’s not a new pen. Rounding up our top 10 blog posts of 2017 was this one, 3 Things Authors Need to Own.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season and as you write the story of 2018, may it be a bestseller!